CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 16, 2011

Kelli's Dill Pickles


Well this is the book were all my secrets are!
Recipes that is!


I started pickling about 20 years ago and believe me I don't feel near old enough to have been pickling for 20 years...really!

And that being said I had my first catastrophe this year.....22 bottle of my dill's (the most asked for pickle among my friends and family) spoiled and I don't know why, I has never happened to me before.  So I am sorry to say that my family who generally each get a case of pickles at Christmas, won't be getting a full case.....and I am so sorry....you will also be getting a small store bought gift....there is always next year....you still get a couple of bottles.




Kelli's Dills

1. Prepare the brine:

1 cup pickling salt
40 oz vinegar
100 oz water

Heat until salt dissolves just before the boiling point.

2. Put into each sterilized Jar's

2 large cloves of garlic
1 branch of dill weed including flower
1 tbsp of pickling spice

Fill Jar with baby cucumbers

Fill jar with brine leaving 1/2 inch of space at the top empty

Seal jars and boil for 10 minutes in large pickling pot.

Ready in about 6 weeks, but the longer they sit the better they are!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss making my own dill pickles. A good dose of garlic really makes 'em yummy. Thanks for sharing your story--though I'm sorry some of your jars didn't make it this year. :-)

Merry Christmas, friend!